Saturday, February 28, 2009

Game Tweets

I've been doing this for a few weeks now, and here are a few things I think I am going to change:
  1. Not every post will be prefixed with #habs. Since folks can't really just track a 'channel', embedding the #habs tag anytime its necessary is sufficient. Further, when I'm talking about the opposition, putting in the #habs tag doesn't make much sense.
  2. Reduce play-by-play comments. I found I would get pretty carried away, and start trying to call the game like a play-by-play -- as a result I feel like I am spamming those nice enough to follow me. I will try and cut down on the stuff that is "obvious" to those watching, but I would still like to provide solid updates to those away from the TV.
  3. I am gonna develop some nicknames for the players; I'm working on a list currently. I have to apologize for my shoddy name spellings; I feel like a typelexic Don Cherry.
And as I mentioned before, Daniel Bigras (@tricoloreca) is going to do the same thing in french, so the community is starting to build; hopefully it is useful to people, and not just sending their Twitter accounts into heart spasms. Also, CanucksBlog.net (@canucksblog) is doing the same thing for the Canucks; and it was kinda cool to have a counter-commentator online :)

Any ideas on what you'd like to see in the tweets, let me know! I am happy to try and ajust.

No comments:

Post a Comment